How to choose the right welding safety Gloves05.02.2018
There are a lot of risks while welding, that’s why the safety of working process is the most important thing. We tell you how to save the hands of the welder while working and about Split Leather Welding Gloves. And also
We inform you what requirements they must meet.
Requirements for uniforms
The welder gloves is a type of working gloves. They must have certain properties such as:
- high refractoriness (protection against metal splashes, sparks, etc.);
- strength (tears or punctures are unacceptable);
- moisture-repellent properties;
- quality sewing (strength and uniformity of seams, absence of protruding threads);
- availability of insulation (for coldtime period of the year).
Also, welding gloves must meet certain requirements of European standards. For example, EN 388 (about mechanical protection) or EN 407 (about temperature resistance). Some of the gloves are not subject to certification under these regulatory documents (for example, thin leather gloves or split leather gloves). Others are checked for the following parameters:
- wear resistance;
- resistance to punctures;
- protection from incision;
- preventing tearing.
Welding gloves classification
The user will meet three popular materials:
Tarpaulin. The most unsuccessful material if we speak about the security of working. Tarpaulin gloves burn out very quickly, and the welder getting a lot of risks. Tarpaulin gloves are designed for auxiliary work, but not for welding. The neoprene or suede gloves are not safety for welding processes too.
Felt. It’s safer than tarpaulin, but it’s not the best choice. If the welder wants to buy felted gloves, he should take the products only with a special impregnation, enhancing fire resistance and strength.
Split. The best choice. Is a thick skin (pork or beef), treated with a protective liquid. This makes maximum resistance to open fire. Split gloves are more expensive than the gloves from previously mentioned materials.
- Suitability for environmental conditions. For example, there are summer gloves welder (they are thin, in rare cases have a cotton pad for easy wearing) or winter. The latter have a layer of insulation inside, which is a natural or artificial fur.
- Construction of products.
There are five-fingered gloves (most comfortable, universal, do not limit the mobility of the fingers); two- and three-fingered (reduce the load on the arm and are usually used for electric welding with electrodes).
The result of the above is the statement: for any welding operations, welding split safety Cuff gloves that meet the requirements of European standards are preferred. For work at negative temperatures, insulated gloves are recommended.
Split leather safety Cuff welding gloves is a necessary attribute of the welder. The quality of the gloves should be at a high level, so that the work does become a reason of burn or other injury.